Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pizza Oven, Pizza BBQ


A delicious margarita pizza. Simply mix 1/4 cup of olive oil with garlic, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Once the grill is super hot, add dough to the grill. I noticed it takes around 3.5 minutes on each side. That being said, once air pockets start to form its time to flip your pizza. Once flipped, I generously spread the oil spread all over the pie and quickly add buffalo mozzarella, fresh roma tomatoes and basil. I prefer my pizza to be made this way. It works best with three people. Have one person in charge of the sauce, one in charge of all toppings and a third person in charge of removing the pie and slicing the pizza.


This pizza was cooked in the oven at 500 degrees. I used the same olive oil blend for the base of the pie and generously topped it with goat cheese, red and yellow bell peppers and arugula (as a garnish). Dough-wise, I was more satisfied with the BBQ. This pizza was delicious, however, you dont get any char—or small burnt parts on the crust. Overall, both great pies...just stick to the bbq.

No comments:

Post a Comment